Join West Michigan World Trade Association
Fall 2019 season with a tour:
Gerald R. Ford International Airport
Date: Thursday September 19, 2019
Time: 7:30 am-9:30 am
Location: 5500 44th St. SE
Grand Rapids, Mi. 49512
This event will provide an opportunity for participants to:
*engage in the import/export community at large
*tour an extensive Grand Rapids facility which is actively participating in the import/export and distribution cycle
*view industry best practices at work
*network with industry peers
COST: $30 Single Event Ticket- WMWTA Member
$40 Singe Event Ticket- NON WMWTA Member
Student Scholarships are available upon request. Email: email@example.com.
- This event begins promptly at 7:30 am with registration located on the 2nd floor observation deck
- Light Breakfast will be provided and a presentation given by the COO Alex Peric
- Tour the new ticketing lobby and future site of the International Arrivals Building
- Enter the building and head toward the terminals. Go up the stairs, next to Starbucks.
- Someone will be there to greet you.
7:30 AM Meet at the Observation Deck for Registration, Coffee, Snacks and Networking
7:45 AM Introduction of the COO Alex Peric given by WMWTA Board President Kerri Orders
8:00 AM - 9:20 AM Presentation by Alex Peric, Questions and Tour of Gerald R. Ford International ticketing lobby and future site of the International Arrivals Building
9:20-9:30 AM Wrap up
About Gerald R. Ford International Airport
"The second phase of the Gateway Transformation Project has begun and will continue through Spring of 2020. The main features will include: relocating TSA screening equipment from the airline queuing areas, upgrading and updating the spacing of the baggage claim carousels, and adding food, beverage, and restrooms to the space near baggage claim. Improvements include:
- New Airline ticket counters
- New Baggage service offices
- New terrazzo flooring
- New LED lighting fixtures
- Upgraded signage
- and more...
The Aircraft Apron Reconstruction, a $30.2 million construction project (of seven phases) is nearing completion which include:
- Removal of the existing failing concrete pavement
- Replacement with 153,000 square yards of new concrete for future airport development and aircraft loading
- Upgrades to the airports deicing material recovery systems
- Upgrades to the storm-water drainage system and underground utilities to accommodate for future airport development
- Reducing energy usage by installation of all new LED apron lighting"
Serving a 31 major market destinations with 140 daily non-stop flights, you won't want to miss this opportunity to get a behind the scenes tour of one of the driving forces behind the import/export industry of West Michigan.
Not a member? Click here to join!